Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ARE YOU READY TO RUMMMMBBBBLLLLEEEEE?

I can now add "Referee" to my resume.

My boys have been fighting over E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Cars, trucks, toothbrushes, food...you name it, they've probably fought over it. 

I was told these days were coming. I'd get the "Oh, you just wait" or "You ain't seen nothin' yet" comments from mothers of boys, and I took those warnings in stride.  I'd smile and say, "Oh yes, I've heard" and would silently laugh to myself. Much like the thoughts one has when getting ready for the birth of a first child.

I will be prepared. I will be able to handle it.

I am exhausted.

They are constantly at each other's throats. They're 4 and 2, so I imagine this will go on for quite some time. 

I'm already waving the white flag. I give up.

Any mom's out there with some constructive advice? What did you do?

In other news, Tyler (my 2 year old) has expressed interest in the potty, and has actually peed in the potty three times now! I can't tell you how happy it makes me. I struggled with potty training Cody (my 4 year old) and thought he'd be wearing a diaper until he was a teenager...but he finally did it. Thankfully, Tyler has been watching his big brother, and am hoping that this means he will be MUCH easier to potty train. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh buddy. Let me tell ya - just resign yourself to knowing that your're not raising boys, you are actually training cage fighters. At least if engineering or something normal doesn't turn out - they can always become an Ultimate Fighter!! That is our only consolation. :) Seriously we have a "rule" chart and one of the rules is fighting and if they fight, they have to play alone for 10 mins. Oh, they hate that!!! Anything but playing without their brother!!! Good luck. Love you.

    ReplyDelete