Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hi, My Name is Beth...and I'm a BIG, FAT, FAILURE


No Coke Day 1: 

I totally blew it. 

The kids wanted to go to Chick-fil-A for lunch (really, it was the KIDS' idea!). The whole car ride there I was psyching myself up. They have Diet Lemonade, Unsweet Tea....I don't need Coke, I'll be fine

The minute I walked in the door I was SO NOT FINE.

I ordered the kids' meals and then mine, and when the lady asked me, "What would you like to drink with that?" I said, "A BIG COKE!". Ugh.

I called Mike to see if he was on his lunch break too, because I felt the need to confess right away. I said, "Hi Honey, we're at Chick-fil-A, and guess what I ordered to drink?" Without missing a beat he said, "Hmmm...a Coke?". Grrrr. How does he know me so well!?

I think in my defense I should say that the last time I was able to successfully stop drinking Coke was when I had Tyler. I had cut back while I was pregnant with him, but didn't completely stop until I was in the hospital after I had him. I believe I was able to do this because I was VERY HEAVILY MEDICATED and couldn't feel the headaches (that hurt so bad they make my actual teeth ache).

Good news is, tomorrow's a new day and I can try again. And if it doesn't work? Well then, I guess I'll just have to get pregnant again...hee hee.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beth: Good job for even trying this. Giving up anything isn't easy. Especially stuff that begins with c and has caffeine in it. "Chocolate" for one.

    Honest opinion when giving up something? Taper off ... if you normally drink 3 cokes a day, just drink 2, and do that for awhile. It makes it a whole lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister-in-law is so smart. She gives the best advice. I love you brocolli. XOXXO

    ReplyDelete