Thursday, February 26, 2009

Breakthrough!

Cody actually pooped on the potty last night for the first time EVER! (Yes, I'm writing about poop AGAIN)

Granted, it wasn't very much, and most of it wound up in his little underwear (how was HE supposed to know he needed to wipe?). He came up and found me in the office and triumphantly shouted, "Mommy! I went poopy in the potty!" To which I replied, "Get your shoes on, we're going to Target to get you a BIG PRIZE!" (Wonder what we'll do when he gets his first home run or 'A' in school?)

I know in the minds of those without children this is rather disgusting, and most likely not at all exciting. But for me, and I'm sure the other parents of toddlers who have done the potty training thing...this is HUGE! We have struggled with potty training for almost a year now, so this is such a gift. 

Way to go, Cody! I'm so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment