As you may (or may not) have noticed, I have been completely off the reservation over the holidays as far as writing goes. However, I enjoyed every minute of it. But now? NOW? Now it's time to kick it into high gear. I'm going to get this first draft done if it kills me (and most likely it will).
Since I'm not one to make resolutions because I nearly ALWAYS break them, I did not make finishing my first draft one of those. I'm more of a "I'll get around to it when I feel like it" kind of person (which I know drives all of you task oriented people, my husband included, C-R-A-Z-Y), but I'm setting a goal to finish by March - spring break to be exact. Then I will put down my pen (close the laptop would be more appropriate) and enjoy the break with my hubby and kids and not think once about the MAJOR EDITING AND REVISING that will need to be done.
With this (very loose) goal in mind, I have decided to take a semi-permanent break from blogging. I KNOW, HOW WILL YOU GO ON WITHOUT ME? I may, MAY, post from time to time, but I will not be posting regularly as I do now. I will be lurking, however, and will be commenting, so I'm sure I'll see you bloggy friends around.
And so, I will leave you with this small parting gift:
THINGS I LEARNED THIS CHRISTMAS
- Being married to a teacher during Christmas is like striking home baked goody gold!
- If you don't water your tree while you're away on vacation, it will die. Rocket science, right?
- Make sure and remember to lock your front door when you leave the house the morning of your trip, even though you're in a hurry to pick up your husband from work and get on the road at a decent time, after a night of very little sleep because you packed EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN YOUR FAMILY'S CRAP. Otherwise, it will be your fault when the burglars come and rob you of the four things you didn't take with you on vacation. (For the record, no we weren't burgled, we have a very reliable neighbor who locked up for us...love you Mr. Rob!)
- Don't travel with pets. Especially if that pet is about 20 lbs. overweight and only wants to sit on your lap for the 12 hour drive.
- When you plan your vacation to Florida, be sure to check the weather, because it MIGHT be just as cold there as it was when you left Georgia. And your children will be forced to wear sweatpants over their bathing suits - sweatpants that your mother and aunt had to buy for them, because you're an idiot and only packed shorts and tank tops for them to wear because you so wrongfully assumed IT'S FLORIDA.
- Buy at least 3 packages of every size battery known to man if you don't want to have to listen to your children whiiiine because their spiffy new toy doesn't light up and spin and make noises yet.
- Buy tape, for after that spiffy new toy gets batteries and you want to shatter it against the wall because it's MAKING YOU CRAZY. (I didn't really, I swear.)
- Watching my boys and my nephew playing together is the best Christmas present ever. There is nothing like being with family for the holidays.
I hope and pray that this New Year brings you much creativity and motivation! See you in March!!!