Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Snack of the Day

I tend to eat my kids' food. I do this because my kids are picky. From time to time I'll try to throw something new into their diet, just to mix things up a little. Every once in a while, I pick a loser...and both kids hate it. What kids don't like yummy, salty, no good for them snacks? Apparently mine.

I like to watch Rachael Ray, and I particularly like her "Snack of the Day" bit. Each member of the audience gets their own bag or box of whatever the treat of the day is. I've decided to start my own "Snack of the Day" (or perhaps a more appropriate title would be "Snack of the Week", since I doubt I'll snack on such a variety of things as to merit a daily update).

So, today's (discarded by my children) snack is:

images

Hooray for Cheerios! I especially like the Cheddar flavor, because they taste like Doritos (so much for brand loyalty!) And I get to eat the WHOLE bag, since the kids could care less about it. Apparently, they are Cheerios snobs; only the original kind will touch their lips.

Update: My husband came home and I asked for a few minutes to myself. I make it upstairs for, literally, a minute. I hear screaming downstairs. I think to myself, "Do I go down there and see what's wrong? Or do I let him handle it?". I then hear, "Beth?!". I come out of the room too see what's going on and to help my poor husband. What snack do I see in front of my youngest, Tyler? The CHEERIOS! I quietly come downstairs, clean the unwanted snack from his tray and give him some yogurt instead. Ahhh, all is right with the world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment