Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Great Way to Start the Day

I have been REALLY sick lately.

I haven't been this sick in a long time. I'm usually one of those "suck it up" kind of people. So what I'm sick...I can still clean the whole house and entertain my crazy kids and do 18 loads of laundry...no problem.

Not so this time.

It started last Thursday (Cody's Birthday) with a sore throat.

Friday began the itchy, foggy head and the feeling like I'd been run over by a freight train.

Saturday was the fun part where I got to be the Easter bunny for our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt. Let me just say that I feel sorry for whoever has to wear that Easter bunny head after me, because my nose started running like a leaky faucet the minute I put that head on, and what was I supposed to do? Take the head off in front of all the cute little kids in their Easter outfits and scare the bejesus out of them just to wipe my nose? I think not.

Easter Sunday (Tyler's Birthday) I couldn't breathe AT ALL because all the mucous was stuck in limbo (made even more horrifying by the thoughts of those green monsters in the Mucinex commercials climbing through my sinuses...disgusting).

Monday and Tuesday I just felt crummy with a headache from the ever-present sinus pressure.

Yesterday, it began moving into my chest. Every time I coughed I swore I was dislodging part of my brain...which, let's face it, giving birth to two children dislodged most of it, so I don't know that I can afford to dislodge much more without rendering myself completely unable to tie my shoes.

This morning, however, I took Cody to school. On my way home I stopped through McDonald's for breakfast...and by breakfast I mean A LARGE COKE. 

images1

Aaahhh....I'm feeling better already. :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Beth - no whimpy pepsi for you! i had some similar illness this past week and it lingers on this week, however, to speedily get rid of it - I gave it to hubby! Smart huh - "Aaahhh….I’m feeling better already. "

    ReplyDelete