Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Cody!

dsc00277_1

My sweet little boy Cody turned 4 today! I cannot believe it was FOUR years ago that I had him. He was born at 4:29am and was 8 lbs. 12 oz.  It was not an easy labor and delivery, but like they say, all is forgotten once that baby hits your arms. I never knew the depth of my capacity to love until that little guy was put into my arms. If my memory serves me correctly, I think my first (drugged up) words after being able to hold him were, "He smells like Sonny's baked beans". Nice.

Sweet Cody,

I wish there were words to express how much joy you have brought to our family. You are the sweetest little boy I know. You are loving and tender-hearted, and I hope that never changes. You love your brother and you are a friend to everyone. I love that you beg to be tickled (a trait you MUST have inherited from your father, because your Mommy HATES it). I love that you love to read. I love that you love to explore new places. I love that you love Disney World (that is absolutely a trait from your Mommy). I love that you enjoy learning new things at school.

Your Daddy and I have so much enjoyed watching you grow up. We thank God for you EVERY DAY!

Happy Birthday baby.

Mommy

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment