Friday, August 7, 2009

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot Part 2

You didn't know there was going to be a sequel now, did you?

I'm having a little get together at my house tomorrow night, so today I was doing some much needed errand running. My husband took our oldest, Cody, to Six Flags for the day to have some Daddy & Son bonding time before he goes back to work (he's a teacher, in case you were wondering). I had the pleasure of keeping our youngest (and craziest), Tyler, with me all day.

Today was much the same as yesterday...HOT. Like, standing in an oven set to 500 degrees. Oh, and the oven is in the kitchen of a house ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN. 

Yep. Hot.

What made it even more delightful was the fact that my truck decided that I didn't deserve air-conditioning today. I think it might be punishing me for not washing it often enough, or for that one time when I kicked the tire because I was mad - well, it's kicking back now.

I made it to the grocery store and back with a bag full of cheese that I was pretty sure would be fondue by the time I got home. Fortunately, the back of the truck still gets cool air. The way my dad explained it to me is that there are two different hoses in my truck that...wait a minute...do you really want to hear all the mechanical lingo? No? Okay, good. Suffice to say, it's broken, and it will cost a bunch of money to fix it. (insert obvious cheese with that whiiine joke here - and NO THANKS, I ALREADY HAVE CHEESE)

So remember that part on Wednesday where I said I was ready for fall? I'M REALLY READY FOR FALL NOW! Lord? Are you listening?


1 comment:

  1. Beth: Although I am sorry for your discomfort and truck troubles, your little story amused me today--- thanks!
    Also thanks for joining my blog; I hope it's a blessing to you.
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete