Friday, November 6, 2009

Mommy Needs a Time Out

I'm gearing up for a little Mommy's Weekend Away with a few girlfriends, and I am so excited. I am SO looking forward to doing NOTHING, feeding NOONE but myself, and wiping NOONE'S BUTT BUT MY OWN. Too much information? DEAL WITH IT.

I'm eager for a break from the craziness that's been my house the last couple of weeks - a knee surgery recovering hubby*, two cantankerous kiddos whose only words lately have been "Mommyyyyyyy" and "That's MIIIIIINE", and a dog whose only goal in life is to pee on every square inch of available flooring in our house.

The weather is GORGEOUS this weekend and we're staying at a cabin on a lake in Tennessee FOR FREE. Can't beat that. I'm also taking along my notebook to use some of the quiet time to do some novel plotting...woohoo! 

The only problem I can foresee with this whole scenario is that they're going to have to pull me kicking and screaming to leave on Sunday. Oh wait, NOT MY PROBLEM! :)

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. I hope it's restful and full of great things!

*And a special thanks to my hubby for venturing to take the children on his own, so that I don't completely lose my sanity. I LOVE YOU!


9 comments:

  1. Beth, go enjoy, and get relaxed and rejuvenated. Give in to the fun totally.!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend! Hope you come back completely renewed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mommy's weekend sounds awesome! I hope you enjoy yourself and take some time to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm green with envy. :) Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had a night and day away from my son, and he was much cuter when I got back. Sunday your kids will be adorable. But I guess your dog will still be peeing on your floor. Egh, animals. Put him outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy!

    Ps. I have a gift for you on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a fun time. It sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete