Monday, November 30, 2009

Lessons I learned this Thanksgiving

I thought I'd make this a holiday tradition, since Lessons I Learned This Halloween was such a hit. So without further ado, I give you...

Lessons I Learned This Thanksgiving

1. You CAN get a hangover from Turkey. However, the remedy is definitely NOT more turkey.
2. I don't care what the doctors say, the tryptophan in turkey will get you EVERY TIME. In my case, it knocks me out for three days.
3. It doesn't matter that they have about 1,000 options of Thanksgiving Day yumminess to choose from, my children will STILL ask for Peanut Butter and Jelly.
4. I will NEVER be able to make a Thanksgiving dinner as good as my Mom's. I'm not even going to try. My family will be lucky if I can make them turkey sandwiches without something going wrong.
5. Don't wait until the last minute to try and make Pumpkin Stuff. Why? Because there will be a NATIONAL FREAKING SHORTAGE of canned pumpkin.
6. By all means, watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. However, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you try and imitate the Radio City Rockettes. Just trust me on this one.
7. Next year I'm buying handcuffs so that I can keep all of my family here. It's just not the same without them around...sniff.

I truly hope all of you had a lovely Thanksgiving. You have my blessing to put up your Christmas decorations now! :P

12 comments:

  1. I have lots of crazy pictures going through my head of you as a Rockette. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. You recreated the image of my two girls attempting to be Rockettes. Then, my go. Ouch!
    This is fun, Beth. Glad to be reading again.
    I missed it.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol about number six. I am just going to take your word for it! :D Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too cute! No, you won't catch me doing the Rocketts, no way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This had me laughing out loud! Great stuff, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, great list. And I know what you mean about family. It's hard to watch them leave, especially if they are visiting from out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I agree handcuffs are in order!

    My waddle is turning into a walk again so the turkey is not subsiding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to hear about your attempt to imitate the Rockettes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I KNOW! I don't think I'll ever be able to cook a Thanksgiving meal as good as my mom's. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wouldn't it be something if we COULD do a kick like the Rockettes though? Is it worth the slipped disc? Maybe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just think you have an entire year to practice your Rockette routine, you can amaze everyone next year! I say go for it and do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete