Friday, June 19, 2009

Silence is Golden

My sweet husband has just taken our boys to Chick-fil-A for lunch to get them out of my hair for a little while (actually I think he's trying to save them - and himself - from the crazy hormonal woman they live with).

When it's this quiet, the voices in my head get LOUD and all I can think is that I have A LOT of thoughts. Here's a few rolling around right now:

- It is both glorious/horrifying to be a woman. Yes we can birth babies, but the flip side of that is the monthly unpleasantness (I'll spare you the details). I have always loved how Southerners have referred to the Civil War as the "War of Northern Aggression". I choose to nickname my monthly cycle the "War of Fallopian Aggression".

- What do you do with a man who is so Type A that he CANNOT sit still even though he is on "vacation"? The idea that he should spend a whole day at home is madness!

- I have a volcano of unpacked clothes/toys/shoes that needs to be dealt with downstairs. I'm thinking I might just throw it all in the guest room and call it a day.

- I miss my family and friends. There, I said it. Now I must move on or will be forced to sit here and cry at the computer for the rest of the afternoon.

- Does anybody want a dog? She's such a sweetheart - she will sit in your lap for hours. But if she knocks at her metal food/water bowls with her paw ONE MORE TIME I might just need to be locked away in a mental institution.

- There was this hummingbird that would visit the feeder on my kitchen window almost every day before we left for Florida. 

















I had major anxiety about going on vacation because I was afraid this sweet, little hummingbird would not survive if we left and were not able to refill the sugar syrup feeder I was sure he was getting his sole sustenance from. Well, he survived, and apparently he told all his friends that the Mann house was where it's at, because this is what we found in our front porch light when we returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment