Thursday, June 18, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We've been gone for two weeks visiting family in friends in Florida, but now we are HOME. I've never missed my bed so much!

Here's a smattering of things that happened while we were in The Sunshine State - which held up to it's name almost every day (minus the hour or two in the afternoon when the thunderstorms decided to make a visit):

- Went to the beach!











- Went out on my dad's boat with our family (including my ADORABLE nephew Logan. The boys' first time on the boat together...so fun.











- Went to the pool!
- Went to a neighborhood water park! (okay, we did a lot of water related activity)
- Saw some movies with the kids...Disney's Up and a free movie screening of Open Season
- Had a surprise birthday party at the beach for Mike with all his friends :)
- Had an anniversary...number 7!! Love you babe!!
- Had dinner at a Greek Restaurant and danced on the table with the belly dancer (I can mark that off of my list of things to do before I die...haha)
















- Had ice cream from our FAVORITE ice cream place, Sloan's. I get the Circus flavor, it tastes like cotton candy and it has gummy bears in it....YUM-O.
- Drove by our old house at 923 Charles Street and almost died because the owners have pulled all the vinyl siding off and it looks like they're restoring it back to the original wood (something I would've LOVED to have done, but OH SO MUCH $$$!)

We only got three stations on the TV at the place where we stayed (FOR FREE thanks to our sweet friends Patrick and Christy), and I didn't have internet access, except through my phone, which didn't always work, but it was a nice distraction from the everyday busy-ness. I usually get a little cranky when I don't have time to write, but who can be cranky when you have a beach nearby!

So I am home and I am very thankful to be back to writing, but have to admit I am a little sad to have left all of our family and friends...and the beach :) It is at this point that I have to remind myself we will be in CALIFORNIA in less than two weeks (without kids)!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to tear yourself away from the sandy warm sunny tanning beach!!! Oh, what I would give to go to the beach.....

    ReplyDelete