In honor of my Dad, here's a few things I love about him:
- He's the best Pop Pop to my boys.
- He's always there for us, his family, no matter what. He can change your air filters, install your wood floors, change the brake pads on your truck...he does it all :) I'm convinced he can fix anything with some bungee cords and a little bit of superglue.
- He taught me how to fish...and I LOVE IT.
- He only missed ONE of my tournaments when I played softball as a kid, and that's because he'd just had knee surgery. I hit my first home run during that tournament, and I did it for my Dad. I don't think he ever missed another game my entire high school sports career.
- He tells the same story, sometimes 3 times...I love that.
- He eats RRREEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYY SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWW, but I think some of our best conversations have happened while waiting for Dad to finish his dinner :)
- I walk - and run - just like him.
- He has only ever loved my Mom. I'm lucky to have a dad who loves his wife so much - and who taught me to expect nothing less than that in my own life.
I love you, Daddy. Hope you have a wonderful Father's Day, because you are THE MOST WONDERFUL father.