Thursday, February 5, 2009

When things get crappy...

Literally. My days and nights lately have been made up of picking up, wiping up, and cleaning up POOP.

The Nights: We just recently got our dog back from my parents. We like to say that she summers here in Georgia, and that she winters in Florida them. Well, she's back....with a vengeance. My son Tyler (who is almost two and is STILL not sleeping through the night) woke up the other night at about 1 in the morning screaming his head off. I was on my way downstairs to get him a bottle (yeah, he still takes a bottle at night...sue me). When I got to the bottom of the stairs I stepped on (and proceeded to skid across the wood floor in) my dog's poop. The only problem was that since I wasn't used to having her home, I didn't at first realize that I had stepped in dog poop. I thought maybe I had stepped on some remnant of Cody or Tyler's snack from earlier that day. Nope...it was dog poop. So I cleaned it off my foot, and cleaned it up off of our floor -  all the while whispering profanities to myself (Lord, forgive me). 

The Days: Tyler still wears diapers, and has regular #2's throughout his day. I've heard of kids who can go 3 or 4 days without pooping...I wish I had one. He is a machine; in one end and out the other. Cody, my beloved almost 4 year old, is STILL potty training. He pees on the potty like a big boy and wears his underwear throughout the day, however, the child WILL NOT poop on the potty. Lately he has been pooping in his underwear in the morning before we even know that he's awake. So, my mornings have consisted of waking up to clean up poop...and it is NOT a pleasant experience. It's a real juggling act trying not to "spill the poop" as Cody likes to say, while taking off his little underwear.

This stage (where they can't wipe their own butts, I mean) is rough, but from what I hear, I will miss this one day. So I choose to embrace the crap (not literally), and move on.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I clean up poop everyday too. The weird thing is that I don't have a dog or a kid.

    Hopefully you figured out that was a joke :)

    ReplyDelete