Monday, March 2, 2009

A little bit of balance...

A dear friend of mine got a card in the mail that said, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" on the outside. On the inside of the card it said, "When life gives you crap, don't make anything...trust me."

How very true.

Life has given me a little...ok, a lot, of crap lately...in the very literal sense of the word. If you don't believe me, just read some of my previous posts. So, I felt the need to balance out all of my "crap" talk with something a little more spiritual.

From time to time, when I'm trying to figure stuff out,  bible verses that pertain to my situation seem to spring up into my brain from nowhere (actually, I do believe it's because of the Holy Spirit, and they spring up because of all the many hours of memorization work I did during my Christian school days...thank you WA!).

Here's a few that popped up recently...kind of a "God's Promises" for MY every need:

Romans 12:1-2 - I was wondering what God's will is for a situation/is it my will or His I'm listening to?

Psalm 139 - I was just feeling down in the dumps...but God KNOWS me AND LOVES ME ANYWAY!

Proverbs 31 - I was struggling with what exactly it looks like to God to be a good wife and mom...sometimes I forget!

1 John 4:4 - God is bigger!

My mom reminded me yesterday of the verse "From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks" (Luke 6). Nothing like your own mom to call you out! But I love her for it...because she got me thinking about the condition of my heart. When you speak, what does it say about YOUR heart?

Hope this blesses you in some small way...if not, I could always go back to talking about poop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment