Monday, January 31, 2011

Live Like You're Dying


If you have been following this blog these last couple of weeks, you will know that I recently started working out, more specifically, SPINNING. 

Yeah, about that.

The whole idea behind exercise is to prolong our lives by making them healthier, right? We eat well, we exercise, we live longer...and so the story goes. Well, I've decided that it's all a big trick, see. 

The only reason that eating well (a.k.a. eating food that has no taste because all of the fun has been taken out of it/off of it) works is because the food looks so pitiful on your plate that you DON'T WANT TO EAT IT. Wow, I've lost five pounds already.

And exercising (a.k.a. doing something excruciating and foreign to your body for an hour's time)? Yeah, the reason exercising feels so good is because you are pushed so hard that YOU THINK YOU MIGHT DIE, and then when you don't? HEY LIFE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! WEEEE! I THINK I'LL DO A CARTWHEE -- OH NO! I PULLED MY HAMSTRING!

Dear Healthy People,

Tell me it gets easier.

Please.

Love,
Beth 

 
*Image courtesy of Google Images

9 comments:

  1. I wouldn't know. I'm not one of those healthy people. Alas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't found that joy yet in exercising and eating blah food. Still trying! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...my sentiments exactly. However at one time in my life, it did work. Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I'd tell you it gets easier but I am no longe one of those healthy people. I only walk on my treadmill 3-4 times a week. Pretty weak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure spinning ever gets easier. It's definitely going to burn calories, but I can't sustain it for very long. I love weight training. I've worked out with a trainer, and he nearly killed me... but yes, it got easier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh spinning, that I can't help you with, but over all the years I have worked out (not at the present =) you do sort of get in a routine and when you do get the soreness you sort of relish it b/c you feel like you must have had a good workout =) Keep it up Mama =) I want you around a long time....now I just need to figure out something I can do with my half crippled haha self =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up! Yeah, I haven't been so healthy lately. I'm working on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm working on being healthy, too. Started to exercise in the mornings. Try to eat helathy food but I am so in love with the food that it is so hard to manage it. I love Italian food and ... unfortunately it is not the healthiest thing on the Earth.

    ReplyDelete