Friday, January 14, 2011

A Little Bit of Perspective


I was fully prepared to post a rant today about how crazy this last week has been having the kids home from school due to snow (and it has been, trust me). But with all that's been going on in other parts of our country and other parts of the world, I can't help but be grateful. My children are safe, unlike 9 year old Christina Green, who died due to senseless violence in Arizona. My house might be covered in snow, but it is not under water like many of the homes in flooded Australia. We have not once lost power, we have been able to go to the grocery store, and we've had some really good family bonding time. Yes, it's been crazy, but I am grateful. 

Have a great weekend, everyone. 

6 comments:

  1. I hope you laugh a lot this weekend!

    Love on your man and those kiddos!

    Great thoughts here!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we have to stop and look around more, I do anyways. Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. I need to flip my thinking to mirror yours, because my week was the same (kids at home, making it difficult in some ways), but in comparison... there is none, really.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and it is so easy to lose sight of the really important things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, Beth. Love your perspective. (And I hope it warms up for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you have wise eyes! As a matter of fact, when my huffing teen gets home, I'm going to give him a hug.

    ReplyDelete