Thursday, March 5, 2009

In honor of Baby Charleigh

My best friend Adrienne is having her baby...right now! She is in the OR right now having a c-section. I've said about a hundred prayers within the last hour, so I thought I'd spend my nervous energy blogging. What better way to spend this time than by telling Baby Charleigh what a great mom she has :)

Dear Baby Charleigh,

It's me, your favorite adopted Aunt Brocolli here.

First of all...I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! WELCOME TO THE WORLD!

Second, you have the best mommy a little girl could have. I've known your mommy for a long time now, and she is the coolest girl around. She will teach you so many things about the world. Did you know she was a naturalist? (That's doesn't mean she was a nudist or didn't shave her legs, it means she knows a lot about nature!) She also is awesome at every sport you can be awesome at. She's really smart, too (good at math smart)! She also loves to have fun (I'll tell you more about this part when you're a little bit older, just trust me on this one for now). But most importantly, your mommy loves Jesus with all her heart, and I know that she is going to teach you all about Him.

I'm so happy that you're here now. I can't wait to meet you and spoil you rotten, because Aunt Brocolli has two little boys, and they aren't nearly as fun to dress as I'm sure you will be.

Love you so much,

Aunt Brocolli

xoxo

Update: Baby Charleigh Elizabeth Huisman was born at 1:33pm weighing 9lbs. 5oz. and measuring 21 inches!

No comments:

Post a Comment