Friday, December 10, 2010

You Too Can Survive The Holidays


There seriously should be a self help book for getting through the holidays. Maybe I'll write it one day, you know, pending I actually SURVIVE this Christmas. It'll be like an advent calendar combined with a weight loss program and filled with daily reminders TO NOT KILL SOMEONE.

Ahem.

Something that has made the craziness of this Christmas season just a bit more bearable is the Portable North Pole . You can go to this site and design a custom message from Santa to your child. It even allows you to enter specific information like behaviors you've had them work on this year (we set ours so Santa would see that we've had our boys working on being nice to one another), your child's age, and even what city you live in so that it show's Santa's sleigh route on a GPS screen. Needless to say, it has been a total hit with our kids. Our three year old, Tyler, has watched his EVERY DAY.

So go make a message for your kid from Santa. Then sit back and sip your spiked eggnog, and watch as your children squeal with delight.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll see y'all here on Mommy Monday, unless of course, I get into a fight while Christmas shopping at Target and decide to deck something other than the halls! and we'll talk about baking cookies, or as I like to call it BUYING COOKIES!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha I will warn my in laws to steer clear of target.
    That is a really great idea my 2y/o is not really into xmas yet but at least he is beginning to recognize Santa. He says "hi Santa Bye Santa" everytime we walk past a window display which is like everytime - we live in centre ville

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Don't hit anyone. I'd hate to see you spend the holiday in a jail cell. ;) Anyway, this Santa thing is a cute idea. My kids are a little old for it, but I wish they'd had something like that 3 or 4 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have kids, but that Portable North Pole is a really great idea. I especially appreciate the fact that you can put in specific behaviors. That is sheer genius!

    Speaking of genius, your use of the strike-through's was brilliant. Decking something other than the halls? Totally made me laugh. Out loud, even. :)

    ReplyDelete