Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hitting the Wall

I had really good intentions to get a decent Writer Wednesday post written this week. I sat down to write it a dozen times, and got distracted EVERY time. Do you ever have days (or even weeks) like this? It could just be the holidays making me crazy, but I cannot seem to get my act together when it comes to stringing words together. Not for this blog, and certainly not for my manuscripts. What's a girl to do?

What do you do when you feel like you've hit the creative wall? Do you power through, or do you give yourself a break?

I'm off to find some Oreos. I have a feeling they will greatly help my situation. If you disagree, feel free to keep that information to yourself. ;)




10 comments:

  1. I notice I get inspiration from reading a magazine, book or watching TV. When I do these things I immediately have an opinion or a point of view on something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me one.

    I read. That's usually the kickstart.

    Good books. They inspire.

    Num. Num. Num. O.R.E.O.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exercising helps. Burn more calories = eat more Oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now. I'm taking a break. Hopefully the juices will start flowing again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want an oreo. I'm not a big chocolate person, but I heart oreos.

    Yeah, I usually give myself a break and do something to get myself back on track. Like Wendy, I read.

    Sometimes the harder I try to be creative the harder it is to create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I never push it, if the brain wants to take a break i let it, it usually bounces right back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm there right now. I just ate an Oreo. Maybe it will help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wrote next weeks' posts, and trust me, there was a huge LAME-O factor throughout. In the end, I just did my best. Maybe they'll improve when I edit them? :)

    ReplyDelete