Monday, September 20, 2010
Love It/Hate It: Nifty Fifty Edition
In honor of my sweet mom, I'd like to share with you some things I love/hate about her (don't worry, there's only one "hate").
- That we talk all the time. My mom is my best friend and the best advice-giver EVER. I know too many women that have strained relationships with their mothers, that feel judged or incapable around them, and I am very grateful that is not the case with my own.
- She has a heart of gold. She is a giver: meals for friends who are hurting, her time and energy, but most of all, LOVE. She genuinely LOVES people.
- She is SO funny. We laugh at the same things, and sometimes we say the same things at the same time, making us laugh even harder.
- Her faith is strong. She loves God and she might tell you about him, but not without SHOWING you how much she loves Him by the way that she treats you first.
- She is the absolute best Grammy to my kids.
- She is the glue that holds our family together.
- She lives in Florida. I live in Georgia. That is my only complaint!
I love you, Mom. I hope that you have the best birthday ever. I'm praying for 50 more years, because I don't know what I'd do without you.