Monday, October 19, 2009

My Fairy Godmother-In-Law

Since it is Mommy Monday, this post is dedicated to the woman who birthed the wonderful - albeit half-crippled - man that is my husband. 

As you all probably know by now, Mike had (his fifth) knee surgery this past Wednesday, and it was a rough couple of days post-op. That is all I'm really at liberty to say at this point, since I'm from the old school where, "If you can't say something nice, then you shouldn't say it at all".

So, this is me. Not. Saying. Anything.

What I AM at liberty to say, is that my mother-in-law is nothing short of an ANGEL. This woman has singlehandedly organized every cabinet and closet in my house, washed every dirty dish (BY HAND mind you - even though there is a perfectly good dishwasher mere inches from the sink), and has successfully slain the beast that is my laundry. She even managed to find all of its evil beast spawn (that may or may not have been lurking in my garage) and kill it, too. 

I truly don't know what I would've done without her help this last week, she is a trooper!

For those of you who offered prayers and encouraging words, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. He is doing MUCH better yesterday and today, and for that I am truly grateful to God. He still has quite a road ahead of him as far as recovery, but I think this surgery finally did the trick, and he'll be good as new in no time. 


12 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear he's doing well. I'm also glad to hear a good MIL story. She sounds wonderful. You should be thankful for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everyone is pulling together to get through this rough patch. Glad he is doing better. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great MIL. :) Blessings to you and your hubbby - and prayers for a super quick recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're in my prayers. How wonderful that you have an amazing MIL to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do hope things get better soon. You mother-in-law sounds a lot like mine. Thank goodness for wonderful mother-in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay to your husband doing better and Yay to a great mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a way to honor both your husband and your mother-in-law. Way to go, Beth!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. My MIL fortunately lives several states away. I wouldn't be able to rely on her even if she were closer. ;) My mother is my Godsend.

    Glad your hubby is healing! U2 played near my hometown on Saturday. We're not brave enough to deal with the big event crowds and passed up the opportunity. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are still kicking girl! I know hubby is thankful for a wonderful wife and mother.

    Thanks for reminding me of the power of taming my tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad your husband is getting better. And my mother-in-law rocks too! She's so great with my kids and I love talking to her. I'm blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having gone through 3 knee surgeries, 1 shoulder, 1 ankle with my husband I totally know how you're feeling. Thank goodness you have a good mother in law, mine is kind of useless.

    ReplyDelete