Friday, February 18, 2011

For The Music Lover


I was reminded yesterday that tickets for Bonnaroo go on sale tomorrow. If you're not familiar with Bonaroo, it is a 4-day music and arts festival held in Manchester, TN. I have always wanted to go to a huge music festival like this, where you basically camp out for four days and listen to some amazing music, but have yet to do so. It is on my bucket list, to be sure. That, and not showering for 4 days straight.

This year's lineup is especially wonderful, in my opinion, because Ray LaMontagne will be there. I had the chance to hear him live a few months ago when he opened for David Gray here in Atlanta, and it was spectacular. In addition to Ray, here are a few other artists that I LOVE LOVE LOVE that will be there, too. Click on the links to hear them for yourself.

The Decemberists - this band is like a mixture of some of my favorite 90's artists rolled into one: REM, Gin Blossoms, and Natalie Merchant.

Mumford and Sons - Love these guys. They're British, and we all know how I feel about British things, don't we? Plus, they use a banjo.

Iron and Wine - The vocals on some of these songs are absolutely heartbreaking, and I adore them (and yes, they are on the Twilight soundtrack, no judgement!).


That is only a small sampling of this HUGE event, but I just wanted to share some of my favorite music! Happy Weekend!

What's on your iPod/Pandora/radio?
*Photo courtesy of Google Images

2 comments:

  1. I listen to almost everything. And sometimes - nothing at all. It depends! I haven't got any favourite.

    But, I really to love some song more than another.

    For example:
    1. Cat Stevens - If you want to sing out. It always makes me smile. (:
    2. Then, I really DO love one band called Yo La Tengo - I Feel Like Going Home. Oh, God! I love this song! I heard it first time when I was in New York. So many memories. Makes me want to write!
    3.Editors - Smokers Outside The Hospital

    Today I also heard one good single from Sunrise Avenue.
    4. Sunrise Avenue - Hollywood Hills

    So, this is it. :) Mostly I listen to the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bonnaroo a lot.
    Especially browsing with their site, it seems that they usually update things they need to do.


    Eloisa from jupe courte écossaise 

    ReplyDelete