Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm In A Food Coma


Internet, the next time I decide to start eating right and exercising, remind me NOT TO INVITE MY MOTHER TO VISIT. I apologize for the unannounced break I've been taking, but I will return on Monday with plenty of things to entice you, I promise. Have I mentioned it's baseball season? Well, it is. Uneventful to the general public, but for this wife? Of a Varsity coach? THE INSANITY, I TELL YOU.

If you need me in the meantime, I'll be stuffing my face with pancakes. And bacon. And maybe even a biscuit. I KNOW - THAT'S DOUBLE CARBS! Did I mention it's baseball season? And I'm a single mother now? And my mommy is here to baby me for a week? STOP JUDGING ME, INTERNET.

See you Monday!

12 comments:

  1. It's so hard to fall off the wagon. I usually just tell myself, I already fell off so just keep rolling yourself down to the next trough.... :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't you heard? Calories don't count during baseball season, when your mama's cooking.

    It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhh, mmmmmmmm, those pancakes look good. Can I borrow your mom?

    I wish our bodies let us take a full week once every, oh every other week to eat what we need...er...want.

    Have a great day and enjoy the love your mom's doling out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy ... you'll pick up the pieces (I initially typed "pick up the pizzas" ... wonder if that was Freudian ;)) when the time is right. No worries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thanks for the reminder. I need to sign my son up next week!

    Don't feel bad--I'm still gnawing my way through Valentine's candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the solidarity! Pancakes for everyone! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pancakes look absolutely delicious! Quite different from the ones we'll be rustling up in England for pancake day(which is fast approaching)but delicious all the same! :)
    P.S- I recently came across your page and thought i'd follow!
    Robyn :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way bacon and pancakes taste together in my mouth. ;)

    Eat away. It makes us interesting.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Give your mom a hug for me and tell her we MISS her terribly! Just fall off the wagon, Beth, and enjoy the ride. How often do you get to spend a week with Mom and her cooking? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you look at that! :) Those pancakes are mouth watering! My father always makes us those delicious pan cakes! You're quite lucky Beth to have a mom like that! :)

    "Heidi" for faïence mosaïque 

    ReplyDelete