While the (longer than expected) break was really wonderful, I have to admit that I've felt a little lonely without talking to all of you. That's the funny thing about a blog - you have friends all over the place that you talk to almost daily (and, when you're lucky, they talk back!). I not only took a break from writing here, but from reading around the Blogosphere. So, I've missed you...A LOT.
And just to give you an idea of what YOU'VE missed, I thought I'd give you a few highlights from my absence.
- On Christmas Eve I turned 29. Yes, I am officially in the last year of my twenties. Sigh. On a happier note, my hair decided it was already thirty and gave me a few grays for my birthday. Awesome. Truth be told, they might've been there longer than I thought. I thought I'd try to grow my colored hair out to figure out what my natural color was again, not thinking that my natural color might include the word GRAY. I promptly plucked the suckers out and gave them a proper burial (down the toilet).
- My oldest son celebrated his 5th birthday, and will be entering Kindergarten this year (A point I will not dwell on at present, unless you would prefer this post to be completely incoherent rambling about how the years have gone too fast and my baby is growing up and soon he'll be married and leave me forever...yeah, you get the idea). He has become better at using a computer than I am, proving further that he truly is his father's son.
- My youngest son celebrated his 3rd birthday, and I can pretty confidently say that he will ALWAYS be a mama's boy, since I can barely go to the bathroom without him attached to my hip. He is also VERY into Iron Man right now, which is okay by me, because I am VERY into Robert Downey, Jr. ;P (If you grew up in the 80's and didn't have a crush on Robert Downey, Jr. then we can't be friends. Speaking of growing up in the 80's, has anyone seen Molly Ringwald lately? She looks fantastic! I'm totally buying her new book.)
- I got a cortisone shot in my stomach for some pain I've been having recently. That was an interesting experience, LET ME TELL YOU. I still have the bruise, and it's been three weeks!
- I haven't burned anything in my oven (try to handle your disappointment), but I did manage to melt a sippy cup lid in my dishwasher! You're welcome.
- I have been busily working away on my novel (more on that on Writer Wednesday), but the process has been S-L-O-W going. And I'm okay with that. I'm going to get it done one of these days, but for now I'm content with small accomplishments.
Wishing you all a wonderful Monday - it's good to be back.