Friday, May 7, 2010

Right Down to the Feet

Given that Mother's Day is this Sunday, I thought it only proper that I let the whole Internet know how much she means to me.

Internet, meet my Mom, Carol.














Now, this next statement may not be very flattering to her, but I will make up for it in a minute - I swear Mom! 

We share what I like to call "elephant feet". Our feet (heels to be more exact) are so rough that the minute we walk into the nail place for a pedicure the women look at each other like, "Uh-oh, time to break out the heavy grit sand paper!" They earn that tip, lemme tell ya. 

But that's not all she's given me. I have her skin, her affinity for birds (see previous post), her sense of humor, and her inability to hide any sort of emotion whatsoever - we wear our hearts on our sleeves and our tears on the fronts of our shirts.
But more importantly, my mom has given me her unconditional love and support my entire life. She is the kindest and most selfless person that I know, and I can only hope to be half the woman that she is someday. 

Mom, I love you so much. I hope this Mother's Day is your best one yet.

Love,

Your Daughter

5 comments:

  1. How sweet! I hope you and your mother have a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. Love the pic, too. Happy Mother's day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How super sweet! Happy Mother's day to you and your lovely mom Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are just gorgeous. What a wonderful mom. I love moms. You don't really appreciate your own mom quite like you should until you are a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Beefy for writing such a sweet Blog about your Moma! You are so right about her feet:) and her kindness! Now, only if we could talk her into setting up her computer to see your Blog's! I love you, Aunt Helen

    ReplyDelete