Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Just call me Gumby

So I gave myself a little goal in getting my MS done in a timely fashion. Somewhere in the beginning of October I said, "I'm going to finish my novel by New Year's"! 

Yeah, that's NOT going to happen...unless I manage to hijack Santa's sleigh and fly myself to some remote island sans elves. You know, because there's always THAT option.

No, it doesn't look like my ambitious little deadline will be met (since I'm still a good 20,000 words from where I'd like to be). But you know what one of my New Year's resolutions actually is? 

BEING MORE FLEXIBLE!

So let's see, where does that leave me?

Finished novel? nope (and 99% sure that I won't finish by New Year's)
Packed for vacation? nope
Christmas shopping done? nope

Am I okay with all of that? 

YEP.

I will be out of blog mode until sometime after the holidays due to limited internet access. So in case I don't talk to you until then, I hope you all have a beautiful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas and Merry New Year's to you too! Love your resolution. I'd like to be more gumby like as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a break and enjoy your holidays. Have a very Merry Christmas and New Years! Remember, Gumby was only make believe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful holiday and that's a great resolution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I loved gumyby. Weird lookin'...but loved him. These are the days pre-agent when we can do that.

    Enjoy your Christmas!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flexibility is a good thing. And just so you know, I don't have any of those things done either. (I wanted to finish my manuscript by November 30 and I'm still not even halfway there).

    You probably won't read this for a few weeks but I gave you an award today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't beat yourself up. Quality writing takes time, right? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    Lynnette Labelle
    http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful vacation!! And a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why is it that when I am ready to get back to blogging, everyone else is gone? I agree that being more flexible is a great goal. Only, I just made a nearly impossible New Year's writing goal, so I guess I am going to have to remind myself about the whole flexibility thing later. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, I didn't see you specify which New Year you were going to have your MS complete, so I'm assuming it was for 2011 and you are way ahead of schedule.

    Hope you have a terrific 2010!

    ReplyDelete