Monday, May 2, 2011

Work It, Girl

I know, I know, I did it again. I left you all for a week with no warning. HOWEVER, I had good reason, I swear!



MOMMY GOT A J-O-B! That's right, I am going back to work...FULL TIME. Last week was spent scrambling around trying to find interview clothes (thanks, Jodi), remembering how to put makeup on so it didn't look like my four-year-old did it (thanks, YouTube), re-learning how to walk in heels so I didn't break my freshly makeup-ed face (thanks, Carrie Bradshaw), and reviewing my dictionary for words other than "stop", "don't", "put that down", and "here, let me wipe that" (thanks, Merriam-Webster).

It was a success, and as of May 9th I am employed. I definitely have mixed emotions going into it - like how am I going to adjust from being home full time to being in an office full time (and away from my kiddos)? And also, how am I going to fit in any kind of writing with working full time and being mommy? I don't know the answers, but I know it's all going to be okay.

So. What does this mean for the good ol' blog, and for you, my wonderful friends? It means I need to go away for a bit. I wish I could say that I could pull this transition off and maintain the blog at the same time, but the truth is, I am not insane THAT organized! I wish I had a stockpile of posts just waiting for me to hit "publish", but I don't. I'm a pantser, a day-to-day kind of girl. So that's exactly what I'm going to do: take this day by day. I might pop in to post from time to time, but for now, I'm going to focus my energies and brainpower on settling into the new job.

You know I'll miss you. And in case you don't know...I'LL MISS YOU.

29 comments:

  1. Will miss you and what on earth will you be doing?
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to hear how you handle the transition. We are rooting for you. Now, turn to the left. Turn to the right. Go be your supermodel self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you in this new, exciting venture. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy - Thank you :) I will be working as a receptionist/accounting help for a large construction company. The hours are pretty intense. 8-5!

    Angie - Thank you so much! I'm grateful b/c they were very flexible with me up front as I'm trying to get my kids through the last month of school (then hubby is off for summer b/c he's a teacher!). I feel very blessed.

    Laura (Mrs. Groves!) - Thank you so much. I'm sure I will have SOMETHING to say about it once I'm settled in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That sounds great! And hey, construction, that's always fun. You do what you have to do, we'll be right here when you feel like stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless, and may you love your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I personally don't care for large construction companies if they are going to steal funny blogging critting friends from me. However, good luck and I'm sure writing will find a way into your life at odd moments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne - I'm very excited! Thank you for your kind words.
    Belle - Thank you so much! :)
    Jessie - You are too funny. And you know I'm still here for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow! How exciting and nerve-wracking! You'll be great. The kids and family will adjust and when things settle down, you'll find a way to write too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Beth! What an exciting time in your life. I know you want advice from one pantser to another - do exactly what you said you were going to do and take it one day at a time and don't waste time thinking you should be doing something else. Blog when you can, but don't worry when you don't. And keep a notebook open at your desk at all times. Random thoughts always flash in my head as I'm working and I just note them and get right back to work. Good luck, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A note on the life of an honest and fascinating ... Is not life it is! With family, too, there's always a great thing and also annoying at the same time, but enjoy and through it with a happy heart! Life is wonderful!

    The pictures are very nice I was amazed at all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a little late, but congrats on your job! Hope it's going well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth Mann, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Beth!
    I wandered onto your blog via FB, we share a mutual friend. Congratulations on your job, but hey just think of that as a spring board, a temporary fix. We live in some exciting and scary times, with some major paradigm shifts taking place. So, don't be away from your kids too long if you don't have to be, right? Once you get settled and decide you want to see some options (exit strategies), we should connect! Facebook.com/Team.Enterprise Best wishes! Jim ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I miss read the date :p oops that's last year... Well the offer still stands! Jim

    ReplyDelete
  16. That article is so interesting and makes a very nice image in my mind. Thank you for sharing this info with us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your blog!
    http://pearlstime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is pleasure to going through your post.

    Want to study in China.

    log on to our website : http://www.mbbsinchina.org.in/

    ReplyDelete
  20. The website’s contents are appreciated as I find them useful, informative and trustworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is very nice to see this blog and it's really informative for the readers. It is really nice to see the best information presented in an easy and understanding manner. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very informative post thanks for share this with us i highly appreciate you for this information thanks once again for sharing information like this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really enjoy to read all the content is posted on your blog. It's easy to read, the content is great, and you’re an

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to read your post :). It is very informative!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your article is very useful and have good knowledgeable content, thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very value able post, I read the whole story when I start reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow very fabulous post you have posted here Thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete